COVID-19 information for event organisers
This page has information on operating events at each Alert Level, to confirm New Zealand's current Alert Level visit the COVID-19 website.
All events must display an official Government QR Code. All other specific controls and legal requirements for events have been lifted.
The Event Sector Voluntary Code has been revised recognising that Events could be a transmission risk if COVID-19 community transmission re-emerges.
More information on the Alert Levels is available on the COVID-19 website. We aim to keep this webpage as accurate and up to date as possible, but if there is any contradiction between the information provided here and the COVID-19 website, the COVID-19 website applies.
Event Sector Voluntary Code and Collateral Pack
Public Events at Alert Level 1
Public Events at Alert Level 2
Public Events at Alert Level 3
- Visit the government's COVID-19 website to find out how to slow the spread of the disease.(external link)
- Go to the Immigration New Zealand website for more information and updates on travel restrictions.(external link)
- Refer to the Ministry of Health website for the most up-to-date information for travellers and self-isolation.(external link)
- Visit the Ministry of Health website(external link) for the most up-to-date information on public and private gatherings.
- For more detailed information for managing an event at each of the Alert Levels see the Ministry of Health Website(external link)
Is there any financial support available for the events industry?
It is a very difficult time for many industries, including our events industry. With the current focus on eliminating the virus, we must all work together and follow Alert Level requirements.
The Government announced that it will extend its broad business support package for those impacted by COVID-19. While this has not been developed or tailored for individual sectors such as the events industry, your business may still be able to access support.
This site also includes Government helpline numbers if you would like to determine whether your business is eligible for assistance.
If you need further assistance regarding application for your business, please call the BusinessNZ line: 0800 500 362 for North Island, or 0800 50 50 96 for South Island.
Who to contact if you need any more information
The Ministry of Health website is the best source of information about COVID-19.
If you have any concerns about your health, visit the Ministry of Health website or call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 or +64 9 358 5453.
If you have any other general enquiries about your event, please email email@example.com.