COVID-19 information for event organisers
This page has information for events operating during COVID-19. To confirm New Zealand's current Alert Level and the requirements for each Alert Level, visit the COVID-19 website.
The Government has announced a new COVID-19 Protection Framework to replace the existing Alert Level system when it is safe to do so, supported by COVID-19 Vaccination Certificates.
The Alert Level System is still in place and businesses and people should continue to follow all current Alert Level rules.
Under all Alert Levels, all businesses and services are legally required to display the official NZ COVID Tracer QR code posters in a prominent place at or near the main entrances to each of their premises, as well as one alternate form of record-keeping for people who do not use the COVID Tracer app.
The Event Sector Voluntary Code has been revised and updated. See below for the latest version.
Event Sector Voluntary Code and Collateral Pack
- Visit the Unite Against Covid-19 website as the primary source of information on the Government's response to COVID-19.(external link)
- Go to the Immigration New Zealand website for more information and updates on travel restrictions.(external link)
- Refer to the Ministry of Health website for the most up-to-date information for travellers and self-isolation.(external link)
- Visit the Ministry of Health website(external link) for the most up-to-date information on public and private gatherings.
- For more detailed information for managing an event at each of the Alert Levels see the Ministry of Health website(external link)
Is there any financial support available for the events industry?
This site also includes Government helpline numbers if you would like to determine whether your business is eligible for assistance.
If you need further assistance regarding an application for your business, please call the BusinessNZ line: 0800 500 362 for North Island, or 0800 50 50 96 for the South Island.
Who to contact if you need any more information
The Ministry of Health website is the best source of information about COVID-19.
If you have any concerns about your health, visit the Ministry of Health website or call Healthline on 0800 358 5453 or +64 9 358 5453.
If you have any other general enquiries about your event, please email email@example.com.