- Be awar e of companies' annual budgeting cycles. Do not approach sponsors only a few months prior to your event and wonder why you have not secured sponsors.
- Focus on targeting companies that can help reduce some of your event’s 'bottom line' expenditure items through 'value in kind' sponsorship.
- Develop tailored proposals using the sponsorship strategy as the sponsorship operational guideline.
- Develop sponsorship presentations and schedule follow-ups based on the signed-off sponsorship strategy.
- Include in the sponsorship proposals the timelines and targets in the sponsorship strategy.
- Develop and ne gotiate the sponsorship contract.
Sponsorship service and delivery
- Develop and run sponsor workshops to encourage proactive leverage activity from all the sponsors in their specific areas, as well as identifying and encouraging cross-promotional opportunities between sponsors.
- Ensure that approximately 10% of the sponsorship value is allocated to sponsor servicing costs.
- Ensure the contractual sponsorship obligations are delivered upon with all media partners, private and public sector sponsors, suppliers and host broadcasters.
- Ensure sponsorship deliverables are included within the overall project/marketing plan.
- Liaise regularly with the sponsors and media partners.
- Ensure that items such as media backdrops, venue perimeter signage and stadium dressing are designed and implemented to fulfil the agreed obligations.
- Ensure the design and distribution of posters and programmes, and direct marketing, television, radio and print advertising strategies are all implemented and integrated with the event marketing plan
- Ensure that a partner debrief process is undertaken including a post event partner report.