- Involve the Police and local authorities as early as possible so that you can develop a relationship of open communication and trust.
- Always use a professional security expert to develop and manage your security plan.
- Spend time in carefully selecting the best security staff and security companies (there are a lot of 'cowboys').
- Be realistic about your event risks.
- Watch budget 'blow-out' around security charges.
- Ensure accreditation zones at your venue are clearly defined and communicated.