All applications to the Major Events Development Fund are assessed against a range of criteria. It is recommended you read Information for Applicants before submitting an application.
If you are considering making an application for Major Events Development Fund investment, please contact the friendly team at New Zealand Major Events well in advance of investment round closing dates. The team will support you through the application process and provide you with the required application forms.
Stage Two applicants will be provided with a list of the requirements for their Stage Two application. This is likely to include:
- A comprehensive business plan
- A detailed event budget
- Market segmentation and sizing analysis
- A marketing and promotional plan
- Full details of the event’s governance and delivery models
- Copies of any international hosting agreements
- All financial statements (audited if possible)
- A risk management plan
- The Major Events Assurance Information Form (to be supplied)
- Event underwriter information
- Endorsements from relevant national bodies, stakeholders, local authorities and associated organisations
- A financial sustainability plan (for recurring events only)
- Any other requirements as requested.